Ways to Celebrate Earth Day in Union County20 Apr 2018
There are so many ways to celebrate Earth Day in Union County. Just look outside your window at The Park and you’ll see beautiful landscapes of tress and green grass. Whether you’re planting a tree or celebrating with the local community, we hope you spend time appreciating nature. Here are a few ways to celebrate.
Visit the Trailside Nature & Science Center on Sunday, April 29th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and “get your green on.” There’s something for the whole family. Watch live animal demonstrations and educational displays. Get creative with face painting recycling olympics and crafts. Or simply enjoy the live music, food, vendors, and giveaways.
Union County Means Green online shop will be offering 50% off compost bins and rain barrels until 5 p.m. on Monday, April 23rd. By composting food scraps you can improve soil health and cut down on waste. Rain Barrels are an effective way to conserve water. You can learn more about composting, water conservation, and purchasing your bins and barrels here.
Celebrate Earth Day at the comfort of your home.
- Enjoy a nature walk on our 3.5 mile trails and admire nature’s beauty by the pond.
- Find ways to incorporate the three R’s (reduce, reuse, recycle) into your home.
- Reduce CO2 emissions by unplugging unused electrical appliances.
- Feel connected to the earth during a relaxing yoga class in our on-site yoga studio.
- Conserve water by shortening your shower or turning off the faucet when not in use.
- Pot air purifying plants for your home to create a natural way to remove pollutants.
- Leave your car at The Park for the day. Walk, bike or use public transportation.
How will you choose to celebrate Earth Day in Union County? We hope you feel inspired to make an impact, no matter how big or small, short-term or long-term. Happy Earth Day!